Sneak peek inside our June issue on sale 7 May!
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Sometimes, an issue comes along that is everything we hoped it would be, and more. The stars align, the weather behaved for the shoot, the model was gorgeous (and fun!), the knits are beautiful and we just end up in love with the whole thing. This is that issue.
When this bright, fun, beautiful issue landed on my desk screaming 'Get ready for summer' I could feel my spirit lifting and that little spark of excitement at that first hint of summer; what am I going to do, what am going to wear, where am I going to go? No wonder there's a hashtag trending on Twitter saying #CANTWAITFORSUMMER. I really can't!
So, this month we bring you a gorgeous collection of pretty, feminine, early summer knits. Lighter yarns, brighter shades, a hint of luxury silk and mohair, what more could you want? (a parasol, a G&T and a punnet of strawberries. Or is that just me?)
Don't worry, there are some super pretty longer sleeved tops, should the weather not be as co-operative as we'd like.
We also have some super cool accessory and home knits. How funky is this paisley-design stool? And we love the deco lace stripes on this fab cushion. Don't neglect your home's summer wardrobe too!
Also, don't miss in this issue:
- 25 Summr knits for the new season - women's, men's, children's, babies, home and accessories
- EXCLUSIVE patterns – Graziella, Diamond lace tee, Frappucino, Cropped cable, cardi, ZigZag cardi, All rounder cricket sweater
- EXCLUSIVE Accessories – Pearl scarf, Purse, Paisley stool cover, Chevron lace cushion cover
- Cute knits for kids - Guernsey sweater, Kitty-cat pullover, Striped dress, Onesie with hood, Bunny toy
- Spotlight on - Pattern perfect
- FEATURE A guide to Twitter: is it the right social networking tool for you?
- FEATURE Textural Illusions – Meet textile ceramicist Annette Bugansky
- PLUS Simple Summer Knits – 5 knit for women including Square necked top, Umeko, Textured v-neck top, Serena's song tank top and Traverse City lace tunic
And, of course, all the usual news, reviews, competitions, products and events you expect from your favourite Knitting magazine.