Sneak peek at our Autumn issue!
22 August 2013
Even though there is another week or so of August there's defintely a 'summer holidays coming to an end', 'school starts again soon', change of season coming feel in the air. Our Autumn issue hits the shops next Thursday and it feels quite timely to turn our thoughts towards what we will be knitting and wearing in the next few months when the weather turns cooler, colours become richer and autumn really sets in.
Although, having said that, the autumn shoot was actually on one of the hottest days in July and poor Lucy, the model, kept having to strip off between takes to keep her body temperature down!
The photo shoot was at a lovely country estate in Sussex, which had it's own secret garden! The Tweed st jumper fit in perfectly to create an ethereal autumn feel.
Autumn brings with it a trend for all things check, plaid and tartan so Anniken Allis's Morag jumper is right on trend!
Every autumn cries out for a new snuggly go-to cardigan and this one, in Sirdar's new Freya yarn, is perfect.
We just love the colours of Emma Wright's Stripe cardi in Wendy's fab new Air mohair yarn.
This beautiful top, Salome, by Marie Wallin is from the new Rowan Mag 54. Seriously, who doesn't love Kidsilk Haze?!
Yep, nothing says new season like pulling on a bobble hat. The cute Cinder hat and Gingernut cowl by Emma Varnam are in the most gorgeous, rich autumnal colours!
Also, don't miss in this issue:
- 21 knits for the new season - women's, men's, children's, babies, home and accessories
- EXCLUSIVE patterns - Morag, Big check cardigan, Draping poncho, Tweed stitch jumper, Giant chunky cable jumper, Stripe cardigan, men's Polo neck, Gingernut cowl, Cinders slouch hat, Cinders legwarmers
- Cute knits for kids - Boy's sweater and helmet, girl's folk dress, boy's cardigan, girl's fairisle jumper
- Heritage collection by Sarah Hazell - Tweedy Throw, rug and teddy
- FEATURE - A/W13 Fashion Forecast
- FEATURE - Knitting with glass
- British Wool Weekend
- Spotlight on - 'Missing' panels
- FREE Celebrate British Breeds supplement - 5 gorgeous patts including Long cardigan, cable gilet, lace cowl, bedsocks and child's tank top
And, of course, all the usual news, reviews, competitions, products and events you expect from your favourite Knitting magazine.